Rimamnde Shawulu Kwewum
Born on September 24, 1961, in Lupwe, Lissam, Ussa Local Government Area of Taraba State. Married with Children. Graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University in 1984 with Bachelor of Science Degree in International Studies. Also holds a Master of Arts (2020) degree from Leicester University in the politics of Conflicts and Violence.
Member, House of Representatives, National Assembly, Abuja. (2015-Date), Member, Representing North East on the NDDC Board (2011-2013), Programme Director, Neighbour to Neighbour July 2011 to November 2011.Operations coordinator, Neighbour to Neighbour (April Election Period); Chief Consultant/Head Of Research, Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Organisation ( 2010); Member ICT Thematic Group, Nigerian Vision 20: 20 20 ; Special Adviser: Legislative Affairs to Honourable Speaker, House of Representatives (2000-2003); Member, Interim Management Committee, Plateau Publishing Company, Limited, Jos 2000; Editor/Publisher, Northern Nigeria in Perspective, 1992-2000; Correspondent, British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, Jos, Nigeria, 1991-2000; Editor, Free Nation Magazine, Kaduna, 1990; Associate editor, New Breed Magazine, Lagos, 1991; Reporter, editorial writer, News editor, Features editor Plateau Publishing Company, 1986-1989; Tutorial Master, University of Ife, Ile Ife, Oyo State, 1984/85
Attended Several Executive Education programmes, including London Business School, London, Kellog School of Management, Chicago, London School of Politics and Business, London and Kennedy School of Government, Harvard.
Extra Curricula Activities participated in include the following
- Secretary, Essential Electoral materials Sub-Committee,
- PDP Special National convention 2013,
- Member Student Representative Assembly, ABU, Main Campus, Zaria, 1982-83 Session,
- General Secretary, Students Union Government, ABU, Zaria 1982-83 Session,
- Secretary, Caretaker Committee, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Borno State Chapter, 1986/87,
- Chairman, Committee to investigate the Violations of Professional Ethics by some Journalists, Plateau state, 1988
- National Public Relations Officer, Keffi Old Boys Association, 1991.
Contributions, Publications and Papers
The Story of Gambo Sawaba, Ndeya Publishing 2020 (Published earlier by Echo Communications Ltd, Jos, 1990, The Politics of Ethnic and Religious Crisis of Taraba State in Festus Okoye Ethnic and Religious Rights, HRM, Kaduna. 1998, The Middle Belt (Selected Readings), Ndeya Publishing (2020), Nothing More to Sacrifice, Ndeya Publishing, (2020), Banga Boy, Ndeya Publishing (2020) and The Other side, Ndeya Publishing (2020)